Volunteering defines Asylum Welcome’s unique character and without our volunteers the charity could not function.
Last year our 150+ volunteers gave time worth £250,000. Our volunteers are our biggest asset!
Volunteering with Asylum Welcome gives you the opportunity to get involved in a dynamic movement that cares about social justice. It is also a great way to do something meaningful and rewarding with your time, to gain skills and experience in the charity sector, to make new friends and to make a difference to the lives of others.
Before you apply to volunteer, come to one of our information sessions to find out more about volunteering with us.
- Tuesday 6 June 5.30-7pm
- Monday 26 June 10-11.30am
- Wednesday 26 July 5.30-7pm
We are recruiting :
- Campsfield visitors, ideally who speak a refugee language.
- A youth club volunteer
- For other roles listed below if you speak Kurdish, Arabic, Pashtu, Tigrinya, Albanian or another refugee language. Please send an application form saying which of our volunteer roles interest you and which language(s) you speak.
We prefer volunteers to commit to at least 12 months with us and to be available outside term times.
We encourage and support our past and present service users and anyone from a refugee background to volunteer.
These are our main volunteer roles. Please click on the links to find out more.
- Adult and Family Advisor
- Campsfield Visitor
- Detainee Support Volunteer
- Education Service Volunteer
- Employment Advisor Volunteer
- Lunch Club Volunteer
- Venda Youth Club Volunteer
- English Language Teacher
- Welcome Centre Volunteers
- Office Administration (volunteer team)
- Office Administration (detention team)
How to Apply
If we are not recruiting for a role that interests you, we can put you on our waiting list. Our needs change regularly.
For current volunteers
Log in to your rota here